Monday, January 4, 2010

What I learned in 2009

If you read my Facebook note today, then you've read my blog. Mostly. A couple of my friends on Facebook, Trish and Gloria, posted what they learned in 2009 and it inspired me to do the same. Some of theirs are much funnier ("It's okay to laugh at your mistakes, but not while drinking milk" is a favorite), but we didn't all learn the same things, so here you go:

- It really is easy to get to Australia. Get on a plane in LAX and get off in Sydney.

- My husband can still delight and surprise me, even after 19 years together.

- If I am honest with myself and know that I have absolute best intent in what I do, then it doesn't matter what someone else's perception is of it.

- I can follow a plan. I can also stray off of it, but I know what it takes to get back on track.

- I can eat a lot.

- Getting laid off can be a good thing, as long as another-and better- job comes along.

- Friends can get very sick and they can die.

- Telling people you love that you love them is easy when you keep practicing it.

- Make sure you're ready to turn the camera on when making a video call on Skype.

- I don't have to eat it all. I can leave something on the plate.

- Driving a nice car is a nice thing.

- Texting while driving really isn't a good idea, no matter how good I think I am at it.

- Forgiveness is possible, forgetting is much harder.

- I can't do it all.

- I am blessed with friends who love me despite my shortcomings and faults.

- Giving back feels really, really good.

- I am in love with my niece.

- Work isn't the end all, but it makes many things possible.

- Time for myself and slowing it down is incredibly important to my mental and physical health.

- I love keeping in touch with Facebook.

- I don't have to name my Higher Power, just believe.

I'm sure I have learned many more things and when I think of them, I'll let you know. For now? This is it. The first post of 2010. I have one to add already:

- I like to blog.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea... I promise not to steal your thoughts... but the idea? Well, I almost can't help myself.

    Tris from Krexas

    ReplyDelete